As a digital product professional, which of the following statements resonate with your career aspirations?
- Do you want to become a pro at executing end-to-end digital product management?
- Would you like to become the go-to person for all aspects of your digital product from strategy, roadmap and design, to specifications and agile delivery?
- Do you want to master the challenges of managing multiple stakeholders, product priorities and releases?
- Would you like to possess practical skills to create digital solutions specific to the B2B & B2C industries covering taxonomy, content management systems, tagging, analytics and pricing subscriptions?
- Do you want access to result-oriented models that help you easily build your product strategy and roadmap?
If you said yes to any of the above, then we are here to help you.
What will you achieve from the DAPM training programme?
Digital Agile Product Manager is a uniquely tailored product management training programme for digital professionals in B2B and B2C industries.
You will learn to apply digital product management skills through a mix of:
- cohort-based LIVE masterclasses run by lead trainers
- self-paced learning modules
- doing hands-on exercises based on case studies relevant to your industry
As a product manager, you are expected to own and produce project deliverables, define solutions and manage your personal effectiveness.
We have ensured that in the DAPM programme, you get to experience how to create, analyse, and present your outputs that help shape up the product you are working on.
The Digital Agile Product Manager programme focuses on 3 areas to help you master the art and science of product management.
#1 Project Deliverables: You will be able to successfully manage all areas of your product from strategy to release by focusing on concrete project deliverables like:
- Product objective & key results (OKR)
- User journey map
- Wireframes & process flowcharts
- Product roadmap (strategic and tactical)
- Product backlog
- User story (writing, refining, splitting, merging)
- Release plan (Go Live checklist, user guides)
- Post-launch KPIs (before & after key performance indicators)
#2 Product Solution: As a product manager you are given the responsibility to define the product solution. Become an expert in defining successful product strategies by knowing the working fundamentals of these building blocks of a digital product like:
- Search (basic, advanced): Logic behind keyword search, faceted search, autosuggestion, highlighting, sorting features using elastic search technology etc.
- Content management system (CMS): WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor, publishing workflow (authoring & approvals), tagging of content, taxonomy, content types etc.
- Access Rights Management (ARM): View, download, edit, publish access, search, edit, delete, update across content & feature sets
- E-commerce: Search page, store page, managing catalogue, campaigns & discounts, auto messaging, shopping cart, payment processing, order fulfilment etc.
- Front-end journeys and templates: Homepage, landing or category page, search & listing page, detail pages, upsell & cross-sell journeys, information architecture
#3 Personal Effectiveness: Product management is a mix of science and art. As a product manager, you manage a variety of stakeholders, their expectations, requirements and feedback. Most importantly you wear a lot of hats in a day while working on your deliverables. You must master this element of personal effectiveness by working on your:
- Solution oriented personality: Learn how to see the big picture; take a step back to make sense amidst chaos; lead the team on complex projects; define a clear path for your product, team and your own career
- Stakeholder management: Understand your own personality archetype and identify those traits in your stakeholders. You will learn how to engage and persuade stakeholders from varied backgrounds of strategy, sales, marketing & SEO, commercial, client services, content/editorial, business centres, design, and software development
- Time management skills: Learn how to maximise your productivity while you juggle deliverables, stakeholders and priorities. Do an effective plan for your day, week, sprint and month as you hone your time management skills
Who will benefit from the DAPM training programme?
The Digital Agile Product Manager (DAPM) programme is intended to help digital product professionals who are actively involved in the launch of digital products like B2B news subscription sites, SaaS platforms, business intelligence platforms, smart device apps, B2C eCommerce ventures, digital agencies, IT services companies providing consultation to end client on products and similar other digital products.
The Digital Agile Product Manager (DAPM) training programme will benefit professionals in various roles and stages of their career:
- You are a Product Owner taking care of the delivery side of things, and now you want to become a digital product manager. For that, you need a solid understanding of steering the commercial and strategic decisions on the product
- You are an experienced Business Analyst with over 5 years of experience in delivering digital products and liaising with the development team. Now you want to transition into a skilled digital product manager role. For that, you need to hone your skills around product roadmaps, backlog prioritisation, defining MVP and managing stakeholder expectations across the business
- You are a newly appointed Product Manager and you want to enhance your skillsets around producing deliverables while managing multiple stakeholders. You want to prepare yourself for your next leadership role in the digital domain.
What will be covered in the the DAPM training programme?
Digital Product Management Framework
As you work towards becoming a thriving Digital Agile Product Manager, you will experience the full context of the product management framework, its various phases and the milestones, which are applicable to your product and industry.
You will be introduced to the four product management phases – Discover, Design, Define and Deliver. Depending upon your product’s stage, the framework will guide you on where you will start your product management work. This will affect your product deliverables and how deep you need to go into each phase. You will then be able to formulate a structured product management playbook for your product & company.
Value of A-T-A-R process in becoming a Digital Agile Product Manager
It’s a fact that the piano cannot be learnt in a day; it takes time and regular practice. Similarly, any new skill needs practice and a concerted effort in order to truly master it.
The digital skills applied in product management are no different. That’s why we have created a unique deliverable-driven training programme to give you an opportunity to pick the skillsets you want to know, learn and master as a Product Manager.
In this training programme, we will take you through the following phases:
ASSESS: An initial online skills assessment using our trademark tool Wheel of Product™. There will also be continuous performance assessment and end-of-course digital performance benchmarking.
TRAIN: Use the self-paced modular training course shared via online training videos, learning materials, and exercise workbooks. These topics cover the practical aspects of your industry and product. If you spend 2-3 hours a week, you will be able to complete the course in 12 weeks.
APPLY: These LIVE masterclass webinars are designed to help you take a quantum leap in mastering the skills for your career. In these instructor-led live webinars, you can ask any questions, talk about your current product issues, and discuss live case studies while you are implementing the learnings and models.
REINFORCE: In these instructor-led LIVE coaching webinars, you will have an opportunity to discuss your career roadmap and plan your next 3-6-9-12 months of career progression. You will end the programme with a clear plan and actions for your career growth.
Value-added service for you:
Personalised Digital Skills Assessment: An expert will assess your current skills and help you define your progress roadmap (worth £300).
Self-paced Lessons: Learn at your own pace with 5-10 minute videos; ask questions, download exercise workbooks. Check your progress and completion rate (worth £1,000).
Deliverables-based Workshop Sessions: Apply your learning in your projects, discuss your working case studies with the trainer in closed-group workshops, and learn best practices (10 live sessions worth £1,500).
Industry-specific Case studies and Examples: The product coach will guide you on solving industry-specific case studies and help you create your skills portfolio (worth £1000)
Bonus items for you:
- BONUS#1: FREE lifetime access to the online course. You can continue to access all the learning materials, download items you need, start a discussion, and collaborate with peers (worth £500).
- BONUS#2: FREE unlimited access to the trainers and your cohort community post-programme. Onkar and Himani are very passionate about helping professionals attain their maximum potential, have an earning they desire, and rise to the top of their field. For that, they are always available to interact, answer questions and offer advice. (priceless)
- BONUS#3: Free access to LIVE sessions on CV review, interview preparation and job hunt process, along with industry-related topics, covering latest trends and concepts impacting digital product management (worth £1000)
The total value of the training programme: £5,000 plus. However, you will not have to pay this amount. We have made this product management training programme affordable for digital professionals. Go to the enrolment section and check for yourself.
“Highly recommended. I attended Product Management training conducted by Onkar at Said Business School while doing my MBA. As someone who was looking to transition into a career in product management post MBA, this training was extremely helpful. Onkar provided great hands-on training on key principles of Product Management and Agile practices with real-life product examples. His training is relevant and useful for companies of any sizes, from startups to big organizations.”
“The session helped me get an overview of the activities involved in the product lifecycle. The learnings from the session are still afresh in my mind. I have been able to perform some quality work from the takeaways.”
“It was a great hands-on learning experience using examples of real-life digital products. I particularly enjoyed the session about cultivating an Agile mindset and the role teams must play in fostering this mindset in an organisation. Until recently, these were just buzzwords to me, but now I understand how to apply these Agile principles in product management.”
Our Product Management Experience
Our team has a varied product management experience in Strategy, Persona, Business analysis, UX, Delivery, Tech & Data analytics
Finance, Media, Pharmaceuticals, Publishing, Commodities, Fashion, Agriculture, Market research & more
Face-to-face engagement with stakeholders while delivering products, training teams, and launching products
Conducted sessions across: London, New York, Amsterdam, Nuremberg, Hong Kong, New Delhi, Dublin & Bristol
B2B & B2C online products offering Faceted search, Insights, E-commerce, CMS workflows, Analytics & more
Still not sure?
- Are you motivated to take charge of your digital product career?
- What kind of impact do you think being a certified Digital Agile Product Manager will have on your career growth?
- If you don’t use this programme, what alternative options do you have?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the duration of the DAPM training programme?
The Digital Agile Product Manager (DAPM) training is a 12-week programme, which you can tailor as per your available learning time.
- Just after enrolment, you can fill in the online digital skills assessment (30 mins)
- You can go through the self-paced modular lessons that have online training videos (70+ lessons), learning materials, and exercise workbooks tailored around real-life digital products. If you allocate 2-3 hours per week, you can complete the course in 12 weeks.
- In order to get the maximum benefit from this programme, you will have to allocate 1 hour to attend the 10 live instructor-led masterclass workshops. These are typically done on the weekends or evenings, so you can focus on your own professional growth with no work-related distractions
- Give yourself 2-3 weeks to work on your live case study as part of completing the programme
- Allocate another 2-3 weeks to create your own product skills portfolio, work on your CV, interview preparation, and anything related to your job hunt, career progression or growth
2. How do I apply for the Digital Agile Product Manager programme?
The steps to apply are as follows:
1) Click the “Book Now” button on the training page
2) Select the number of seats you want to book and add attendee information
3) Finally, pay for the training. If you have a discount code, remember to apply it on the payment page
4) Check your email (in some cases, check your spam folder) for confirmation emails and next steps instructions
If you have any questions, reach out to us on our live chat on this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How do I decide if becoming a digital agile product manager is good for me?
Your decision to become a digital product manager depends on the following professional parameters:
- Are you willing to learn new tools and techniques to apply to your product?
- Do you want to be involved across the full range of product activities – from strategy, commercial, analysis, design, and marketing to launch, technical discussions, customer relations, and sales?
- Do you want to increase your product’s profitability, efficiency, and team’s throughput?
- Do want to earn your desired salary and get a promotion in your job?
- Do you want to work on innovative products and with amazing product companies?
- Do you want to gain confidence and become a product expert in your domain?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then, this training programme is for you.
This training will most benefit digital professionals in the following roles:
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Business Analysts
Other digital professionals who would also benefit from learning about product management principles would be:
- UI/UX Designers
- User Researchers
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Marketing Team
- Development Team
4. Who is the trainer?
Our in-house lead trainer is Onkar Singh Lohtham – Founder & CPO of Product Hub Hob (PHH) – the digital consultancy arm he co-founded with Himani Tiwary. He is also the CPO of Digital Skills Mastery – the digital training academy. He has over 19 years of experience in digital product management.
Onkar is one of the most innovative and experienced Agile practitioners and trainers in the world. He has helped organisations build multimillion products/services and win awards. His passion lies in the training of unique road map and commercial strategy implementation, complex backlog problem solving and lead multi-product agile team management from inception to launch. Onkar has worked across global locations including London, New York, Amsterdam, Dublin, Nuremberg, Delhi, and Hong Kong. His domain experience includes Publishing, Financial Services, Fashion, Commodities, Online Recruitment and Digital.
Onkar has researched more than 18 live projects to create the models, tools and techniques, which he will share in the training. His pioneering approach works to combine the art and science of product management, in turn increasing a product’s profitability. As your product coach, he will guide you on your training journey and won’t rest until you reach your desired goals. He regularly blogs on product management, speaks at Agile events, and conducts corporate training in London, New York, and Bangalore.
Read more on the About us page.
5. What is the Online learning tool?
By enrolling in the DAPM (Digital Agile Product Manager) training programme, you automatically gain access to the self-paced training course hosted on a learning portal of Digital Skills Mastery.
After completing the 12-week programme, you will also get LIFETIME FREE access to the online learning portal. This is where you’ll find all the downloadable learning materials you’ll need, post questions that will be answered by your lead trainers and collaborate and discuss industry trends with your peers. You will be assigned your portal username and password after completing the purchase.
6. When will I get the course completion certificate?
Your course completion certificate will be issued within one week of finishing your twelve-week programme, case study and final assessment review.
The certificate will be emailed to you.
7. Can I put the course completion certificate on my LinkedIn profile?
Yes. We recommend you add the DAPM certification to the accomplishments section of your LinkedIn profile. Here are the suggested steps to do that:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and go to your profile.
- In the Add profile section dropdown on the right-hand side, choose Background and then select the + next to Licenses & Certifications.
- In Name, enter the name of your course or programme.
- In Issuing Organisation, enter Digital Skills Mastery.
- (Optional) In Issue Date, enter the time period during which you earned the certification.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox > This certification does not expire.
- You can leave the Credential ID field empty.
- In the Certification URL, enter the URL for your certificate
8. What is included in the DAPM training programme?
- Online assessment of your current skills, as soon as you enrol in the programme
- A self-paced modular online learning course. You’ll find all the learning materials (70+ lessons) broken down into small 5-10 minute videos. You’ll also get all the downloadable exercise workbooks
- Invitation to 10 interactive, instructor-led LIVE webinar sessions, where we will answer your questions, review your submitted exercises, and help you with LIVE case study examples. These are typically 1-hour long sessions done on the weekends or evenings
- Access to proprietary 8 product management models that will help you solve tricky product management challenges
- A choice of solving one of the 2 industry-specific case studies in B2B and B2C domain. You will implement your learning by producing deliverables as per the product management framework
- A personalised Digital Skills report where we will highlight your strength areas, areas to further work upon based on your career roadmap, and skills maturity level. You will have a clear plan drawn out for the next 30-60-90 days, as well as for the next 6-12 months
- Your product related questions answered (via email, online platform) by the trainers
- Bonus #1: Free LIFETIME access to the online course portal
- Bonus #2: Free UNLIMITED access to trainers and your cohort community
- Bonus #3: Free access to LIVE sessions on CV review, interview preparation and job hunt process
9. How I get in touch with you?
10. What is your cancellation and refund policy?
We always work towards making sure this situation will never occur.
But in case you have to cancel your booking, please email us at email@example.com with your reason to cancel within 14 days of buying the programme. We will get in touch with you and help you with your request for a refund.
There will be a refund processing fee (10%) that will be applied to any refund request.
Cancellation by DSM:
DSM reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the dates for the training programme. In the unlikely event that this happens, we will make every effort to accommodate candidates on an alternative course or refund payment in full.
11. How many people attend the DAPM training programme?
This is an online training programme allowing delegates to join from across the world. We generally create a cohort of up to 25-30 candidates so that we can interact with you on LIVE webinars as well as review your submitted exercises & case studies.
12. Do I have to prepare anything before the programme starts?
When you enrol, we will give you all the information required to get ready for the programme. You will also receive your username and password to access the online course portal. Please go through the first module, which will help you get started with the training programme. We also ask you to fill in a small questionnaire to understand more about your current professional situation, your role and your expectations from the training programme.
13. What is the DAPM certification process?
The 12-week DAPM certification programme is designed to aid you in the advancement of your career, positioning you separately in the job sector from those who have opted for short courses. When you add the DAPM certification to your LinkedIn profile and to your CV, it automatically signals to recruiters and potential work contacts that you have gained applied knowledge in the field of product management. That is why we have the following process in place to ensure you feel the value of the course:
- We will share a choice of case studies with you. Each will explain a business problem, the context surrounding it, and an expected solution. Each will be based on a real-life scenario, allowing you to be creative in your approach and have fun in the process.
- You will then be asked to apply your learnings from the programme, as well as your thoughts and creativity to solve your chosen case study before submitting it to us. The aim here is for you to get a taste of solving a real problem and finding an end-to-end solution. You can use this later in job interviews to demonstrate your applied skills.
- We will evaluate your response, mark it out of 100% and inform you of the result. Factors considered will include your approach, your thinking process, and the way you tackle a real-life problem.
- If you score over the pass threshold of 75%, you graduate successfully from the programme. More than 90% of our candidates pass on their first attempt, and we are sure you will too.
- If you don’t obtain a passing grade, don’t worry. We will share our feedback on your case study, highlighting which areas need improvement and what to focus upon. You can then attempt to solve the case study again.
While you prepare to work on the case study, there are a few things to consider:
- You will have three attempts to pass the certification. We truly believe you can demonstrate your learning and solve the case study in this time frame.
- We advise that once you complete the 12-week programme you work on the certification case study in the three months which follow. This way the learnings will still be are fresh.
- The case study work, feedback and certification process are all included in the course fee.